The Fairway Partnership acquired a moderately sized semi-detached house in Castelnau, Barnes, south-west London in April 2012. Their objective was to remodel the house, build a large extension and a new basement.
The site offered the following constraints:
- Tight access due to surrounding houses
- Planning restrictions required a discreet design to minimise impact on neighbouring properties
The Fairway Partnership required an architects practice with demonstrable experience and knowledge of the following:
- Experience working in Castelnau
- The local planners in the borough of Richmond Upon Thames
We provided a full planning application service, including technical design and construction information.
Through appointing Granit Architects the client was able to achieve planning permission for a development, which:
- Created a large single storey open plan extension
- Upgraded the amenity space with a contemporary basement area with access to garden
- Provided a signifiant return on their investment