Completed in the summer of 2018, the transformation of this Victorian property was truly a case of ‘don’t move, improve’.
Our client’s loved the part of Kingston that they lived in but desperately wanted to remodel their home to accommodate the needs of their growing family. Their brief was to extend the property to create a bright and airy kitchen/dining room that would become the heart of their family home. In addition to this, they have a keen eye for design and sought to incorporate some on-trend materials within the scheme.
The result is a fantastic space that balances a high-level finish on a relatively constrained budget.
Key design ideas included:
- Heritage style steel framed glazing and clerestory windows flood the space with natural light and provide uninterrupted views of the contemporary garden.
- A highly polished concrete floor bounces light around the space and into the heart of the house.
- The electric blue of the exposed beams adds a bold pop of colour that complements the overall industrial aesthetic that the clients sought.
- We introduced warmth and texture using brick slips and a free standing stove.
- The Living Room was turned into a snug, ideal for curling up and watching TV.
A dark grey colour scheme compliments the stained herringbone flooring.
You can hear what our clients Aaron and Becky thought of the experience of working with us on our testimonials page here.