The Fairway Partnership had acquired a moderately sized house in Streatham, South London with a view to converting it into two modern apartments.
The primary challenge with this project was to enlarge the existing house to make it big enough to convert into multiple two bedroom flats. There were additional constraints to overcome too:
- We explored the merits of a full planning application versus permitted development
- We decided to pursue full planning consent to convert the house before dividing it up.
- Numerous planning conditions around landscaping, refuse storage, cycle storage were applied.
- In order to maximise value, the ground and lower ground flats needed to have appropriate outdoor space.
- The upper floor units required lots of light to ensure a pleasant living space wa achieved.
The Fairway partnership required an architects practice with demonstrable experience and knowledge of:
- Working with tight urban sites
- The local planners in the borough of Lambeth
We provided a full planning application service, including technical design and construction information. Following a successful planning application we administered the contract, issuing valuation certificates and discharge of planning conditions.
- Six units created, each with two bedrooms.
- Highly saleable apartments with high spec kitchen, bathrooms, flooring and joinery