Granit Architects has an opportunity for a project architect to join its practice in London.
We are a design-led south London architectural and interior design practice specialising in developer residential schemes and work for domestic clients. We are a friendly office of 20 (plus our office dog Doodle) based in Clapham Old Town, around five minutes from Clapham Common tube. We are seeking a design orientated project architect to assist with our growing workload and join our dynamic team.
Candidates will need the following skills and experience:
- good communication skills, including written English and experience of working with clients, as the role is highly client-facing
- well organised/disciplined and excellent presentation skills
- ideally ArchiCAD or a similar CAD package would be a strong advantage but not an absolute necessity as we will train
- four to seven years experience in practice would be advantageous
- ideally have experience in private residential projects and high-density housing but experience in other sectors can be brought to bear
- experience of all RIBA work-stages, including planning, technical packages and delivery stages including contract administration
- ability to manage both a project team and junior staff members
We offer the following for the right candidate:
- salary consummate with experience and level of responsibility
- high degree of autonomy and a structured career path
- opportunities for future training, and involvement in business development and marketing
- health insurance and other benefits
Please email your CV and a covering email to James@granit.co.uk by 30.11.2018