It has been a busy year so far here at Granit and our interior design team is in need of a new pair of hands. We’d love to hear from you if the job description below sounds like your cup of tea.
Sorry recruitment consultants, we are only going to hire directly for this position.
Granit is an integrated and award-winning architecture and interior design practice based in Clapham, London. We work with private clients and professional property developers to help them create high-quality living environments, including new build homes, luxury apartments, house extensions and innovative commercial developments.
We require a junior interior architect to help with our growing workload. The role is a crucial position in our team and is responsible for working alongside both our interiors and architecture team to design beautiful properties. To excel, you will need to love interior architecture, design, details and CAD. You will be happy working to deadlines, advising clients and staying on top of the latest design trends.
- A relevant interior design or interior architecture degree
- Excellent research and sourcing skills
- Work within and manage client budgets
- Experience and a working knowledge of using Archicad or AutoCAD
- Previous experience of project management highly beneficial
- Strong organisational and time management skills to ensure meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent design awareness and attention to detail and materiality, that is evident through a portfolio of work
- Ability to take and interpret instructions and work with minimum supervision
- Research, prepare and present designs including; design proposals, room layouts and where necessary material boards.
- Create detailed technical specifications and drawings i.e. floor plans, electrical plans, bathroom and kitchen plans and elevations, bespoke cabinetry and joinery plans with proficiency in CAD.
- Liaise directly with suppliers, building contractors and tradespeople.
- Assist with FF&E research, sourcing, specification, procurement and supply process.
- Preparing presentations through the use of Adobe software programmes including Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Microsoft Suite.
- Sourcing & compiling fixed finishes, sanitary ware, ironmongery, lighting, appliance specifications.
- Producing ‘sample’ or ‘mood’ boards for presentation to clients.
- Very high-level communication skills: fluent in English, with the ability to communicate, in writing and orally, complicated ideas accurately and clearly to clients.
- Helping to manage social media accounts.
- The role will suit an interiors architecture graduate or someone looking for the second step in their interiors architecture career.
- We are a medium sized practice with a great team culture. You will gain rich experience quickly and will need to be confident in asking for help.
The role is based full time at our offices in Clapham, London.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 20 days holiday per annum
- Company pension scheme
How to Apply: